いらっしゃいませ

Friday, June 18, 2010

Dollykei Hairstyles & Wigs

It's been a while since my last post!

Before I begin, the photos used in this post belongs to their respective owners.

When you first look at dolly kei girls you will immediately notice that most of them have bangs! The most popular colors range from purples to blonde! Take a look at this chart, these are just a few of the colors that i have observed. Of course there's dark browns too! Hair colors for dolly kei is really not restricted as seen from some dolly kei girls. I've seen silver-ish purple, orangey and really purple!

Lets take a look at the stylings!

The most popular one i've seen so far between mori girls and Dolly kei girls is the Long or short bob. See what I mean with colors not being restricted?
The longer styles can either be with or without bangs. However mostly seen with wavy or large curls but nothing too drastic either.


Finally, the long hair but tied up with bangs version!
Most of them either tied it in a pony tail and make it into a bun or sometimes tie to the side with a little accessory. Most importantly, the BANGS are important! Be it above or below eyebrow.

So are you interested in achieving some of the hairstyles??

If you have a big budget, I recommend Prisilla wigs which you can get on Rakuten.co.jp however
I think korean wigs might be more suitable. Try to join a group order from LJ communities~! or try gmarket.com. I recommend wigsfrom Gabalnara great for Lolita, Morigyaru or Dolly kei.

Another alternative, if you know your way around, try Taobao from cosplay wigs shops.

If you're really on a tight budget, maybe ebay? I recently bought a wig for just $11usd shipping included and i'm satisfied with the quality, I'll post up a pic one day. I bought it from here.

Bear in mind that if you want really good wigs, try to get the ones made from heat resisting fiber. :)


I hope this entry was useful! Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for share this post, its very useful

    ReplyDelete